B-NAT Bio-Based PE Polyolefin Shrink Film
- Fully Recyclable to LDPE level 4.
- Formulated with a base of renewable, ethically-sourced surgarcane ethylene.
- B-Nat® is developed to offer the most attractive shelf presentation. Therefore its optic properties are optimised.
- Its cohesion strength makes it a good candidate for multipacking applications.
- The unique technical properties of B-Nat® ensure excellent results, from manual to automatic high speed machines.
- Shortlisted for the 'Environmental Initiative of the Year' award at PPMA Industry Awards 2018.
- Finalist for 'Plastic Product Of The Year' in the 'Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2019'.
or call us on
Improving the industry’s green credentials – a world first – the first ultrathin packaging shrink film on a base of green polyethylene from YPS.
For those who are keen to undertake an environmentally friendly approach to their packaging process, we are proud to can say that we we’re the first UK suppliers of bio-based PE shrink film (B-NAT) which has been developed by Bollore. This film shrinks at the highest free shrink ratio of any film on the market for improved presentation and also seals and shrinks much faster and at considerably lower temperatures than any film currently available. This in itself has considerable environmental benefit.
An advantage of this specialist film is the potential reduction in the many thousands of tonnes of polyolefin shrink film that ends up in landfills every year. Our B-NAT film consists of more than 46% of a polythene produced from sugarcane ethanol, ensuring that the film has a minimal impact on the environment through reduced dependancy on fossil fuels. B-NAT is fully recyclable to level 4 LDPE, meaning it can be recycled at household level and has OPRL approval to display a clear recycling symbol. Statistics show that the vast majority of polyolefin shrink produced today still ends up in landfill and so our B-NAT is the first polyolefin material in the world to address this issue.
Furthermore, as well the superior water efficiency offered by the sugarcane base, B-NAT shrink film also captures more Co2 in its lifetime than any soybean or corn counterparts. It’s cultivation does not occur on arable land, meaning it doesn’t interfere with or impact food production areas.
Our B-NAT film has been designed to cope with the ever demanding applications of high speeds which are continuing to get faster as technology advances and demands increase and therefore is a perfect fit for our high quality machinery and compliments the first class backup and support which we offer.
When you consider that thousands of tonnes of polyolefin plastic wrap end up in landfill sites each year, B-NAT is seen as a major environmental breakthrough for not only the shrink film industry but also for eco-packaging.
- B-Nat® is available in a thickness of 15µm, flat or centerfolded.
- Information on printed B-Nat® can be obtained on request.
Our BRC certified warehouse enables us to store polyolefin shrink films for fast delivery and provide a quick response alongside a call-off order system.
We have over 40 years experience in providing a total shrink wrapping solution, with a reputation for the highest standards of packaging systems quality and after-care support. We pride ourselves on providing you with the best quality shrink film to suit your application and its demands.