LIDTEC Breathable Lidding Film
- A breathable lidding film with high oxygen permeability.
- Ideal for fresh foods with shorter shelf life and frozen foods.
- Anti-fog properties for utmost clarity and shelf presentation.
- Particularly suited for trays containing protruding products due to high shrinkage and elasticity.
- Leak-proof to prevent liquid leakage, product discolouration and contamination.
- Compatible with PP, PE, PET and foam trays.
- Fully recyclable to LPDE 04 and a 'greener' alternative to PVC stretch films.
- Printing capacity for branding purposes.
or call us on
Bollore’s best-in-class breathable LIDTEC is a top-sealing solution dedicated for frozen or fresh trayed foods in retail applications. Available in two low micron specifications, 21mu and 15mu, LIDTEC achieves a ‘barely-there’ effect to showcase food items at their best.
LIDTEC’s superior gloss and transparency combine with its anti-fog formulation to ensure outstanding optics for any trayed food product, whilst it’s permeable properties allow the products to breathe. The high percentage of free shrink allows the film to fit trays tightly without wrinkles and without causing distortion to the tray format, for an even better visual aesthetic. To seal the sale, high definition printing can be applied to LIDTEC to incorporate logos, information and barcoding, negating the need for secondary labels.
Breathable LIDTEC is especially suited to shallow trays containing protruding food products due to its elasticity. This can make the portion sizes appear more plentiful, as well as contribute to a stable positioning of the item in the tray, preventing movement within the pack. This also means that trays can be stacked one behind the other on shelves to save space in stores whilst maintaining pack presentation.
Flush hermetic seals are produced with LIDTEC on a variety of tray materials, preventing leakage and protecting the enclosed food from contamination.
Full BRC accreditation is guaranteed and Bollore lidding films are fully compliant with EU food contact material regulations.