YPS Response To Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To all customers,
As we are all carefully watching the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, I want to reassure you that Yorkshire Packaging Systems is actively taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our staff, their families, our customers and the continuity of the essential elements of our operations.
Following discussions between the Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (PPMA) and the UK government, YPS has been classified as an ‘essential business’ in light of our role supplying the food and pharmaceutical sectors. As a result, we continue to operate at this time but are taking a number of precautions, following the recommendations of the UK Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO). These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cancelling all business travel.
- Cancelling all external visitors to YPS premises.
- Conducting business meetings remotely via video conferencing where possible.
- Office staff are working remotely from home where possible.
- Remaining office staff are working in small rotated teams and are observing strict social distancing.
- Increased hand washing procedures for remaining office staff.
- Increased cleaning procedures.
- All staff at YPS may be required to have their temperature taken regularly on site, and where necessary will be requested to self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days.
We understand that the rapidly evolving situation is causing uncertainty and we are encouraging all of our employees, customers and suppliers to put their health and wellbeing first.