The Side Feed Automatic Sleeve Sealer from YPS is a shrink wrapping machine is designed to provide the flexibility to shrink wrap trayed and trayless packs.
This type of heat sealer is designed to work on demand and so can be fed either by an operator or directly from another conveyor. As the products are physically pushed through though the shrink wrap, these machines can also take products and collate them into a variety of trayless multipack collations providing complete flexibility.
Our range of side feed automatic sleeve sealers are all supplied with heavy duty modular ‘SNB’ infeed belts which are far tougher than standard polyurethane belts. This is important on a side feed sealing machine because every pack is being pushed off the belt at 90 degrees to the direction of travel. Over time a standard polyurethane belt can begin to track off however with the upgraded SNB modular belt this is impossible due to the high slip nature of the belt and upgraded bearings.
The heat sealer has a built in backup sensor and specially located dividing plate between the infeed conveyor and the sealing jaw which allows most trayless packs to be shrink wrapped with ease.
Another feature important to consider is that at the end of the infeed belt where the pusher plate pushes the product into the plastic film, there is a spring loaded safety plate on the infeed guide which is designed to prevent any damage to the heat sealing machine or packs if for any reason they should jam up or inter lock due to incorrect set up providing a fail safe situation.
Normally, if the pusher plate is narrower than the pack it’s pushing then it can never affect the preceding pack. However, if an operator was to change to a smaller pack without making the required change to the pusher plate then the pusher might try to push two packs through the heat shrink film. In this instance the pusher would normally then attempt to crush the preceding pack against the guide rail.
The spring loaded safety plate would prevent this eventuality. If the pusher plate attempted to push two packs, the preceding pack would be pushed into this plate which would then shut the sealing machine down ensuring no damage to the machine guide or pack. Very few heat shrink sleeving machines on the market have this invaluable feature.
At YPS we pride ourselves on being a family run business who puts the customers’ needs first. Our motto is “if we don’t put the customers’ needs first them someone else will”…therefore we pride ourselves on delivering the most effective, reliable heat sealer and shrink tunnel if needed for each individual application.
- Easy access and easy change of pusher - the pusher takes seconds to replace thanks to excellent access to the relevant part of the sleeve wrap machine. It’s also incredibly flexible as many pusher plates as required are provided free of charge at the point of ordering.
- The powered out-feed belt drives the pack automatically into the shrink tunnel, again useful for heavy or unstable collations.
- High speed, low maintenance, heavy duty specially profiled sealing jaw for consistently strong seals on any thickness of film.
- Incredibly heavy duty specially designed infeed belt ensuring heavy packs are wrapped with ease.
- Very easy access into the pusher area for fast set up and changeovers.
- Quick release pusher parts aid rapid changeovers. All pusher plates are provided free of charge at the point of ordering.
- Ability to handle trayless products at speed.
- Robust, reliable and very easy operator interface.
- Available in a variety of sizes and orientations to suit most layout requirements.
- Manual options are also available for low-volume production.