For applications where shrink wrapping at faster speeds are required, we provide a range of “double chamber” shrink heat tunnels. When wrapping at higher speeds, the length of the shrink tunnel has to be extended to provide the same amount of time in the tunnel in order to produce the same result.
Our range of double chamber shrink tunnels provide two independently controlled chambers to give not only the extra length required but also far greater control over the shrinking process. This is because two sets of temperature controllers and fan motors are utilised to allow the customer to have different heat and air settings at the front of the shrink heat tunnel compared to the back. For very high end applications where absolute consistency of presentation is required this provides the best shrink wrapping solution.
We are able to supply our double chamber, high speed shrink heat tunnels to both polyolefin shrink film and polythene shrink film specifications depending upon the application.
When using polyolefin film, our shrink tunnels have an active rotation conveyor, ensuring perfect under pack shrinking. We would use a heavy duty, steel mesh belt complete with side chains for added strength for polythene film applications. These features come as standard on our tunnels.
These double chamber shrink tunnels are complete with an adjustable air flow system helping to achieve the best possible presentation and double insulated curtains improving consistency and reducing running costs. The solid state relay temperature controllers are designed for improved reliability and accuracy.
Yorkshire Packaging Systems have almost 40 years’ experience for supplying shrink tunnels and shrink wrapping machines and have a large bank of customer testimonials recommending not only a YPS heat sealing machine but also their involvement with YPS as a company.
- Accurate temperature control ensuring absolutely consistent end pack presentation.
- Variable speed control providing complete control of production speeds.
- Active rotation conveyor ensuring perfect under pack shrinking.
- Adjustable air flow system helping to achieve the best possible presentation.
- Double insulated curtains improving consistency and reducing running costs.
- Solid state relay temperature controllers for improved reliability and accuracy.
- Most other tunnels simply have one temperature controller and one fan speed controller however we provide two independent control panels therefore creating two independently controlled zones within the shrink tunnel.