World’s first eco-friendly shrink film
Bolphane® BYO, created by Bollore, is the world’s first, fully biodegradable shrink film. And, as the country’s exclusive Bollore distributor YPS is now launching this eco-friendly shrink film in the UK.
Based on Bollore’s best selling BY grade of polyolefin shrink film, the new Bolphane BYO biodegradable polyolefin shrink film will completely disappear within 3 years, unlike the 300 years taken by conventional shrink films.
“This is a major environmental breakthrough for the shrink wrapping industry. But the real beauty of Bolphane® BYO shrink film is that there is no compromise with performance. In fact, it is an incredibly high performance shrink film offering outstanding results,” said managing director, Glyn Johnson.
Benefits of Bolphane® BYO biodegradable shrink film include:
- Improved pack presentation – BYO shrinks at the highest free shrink ratio of any shrink film on the market
- Energy savings – Bolphane® BYO also seals and shrinks at considerably lower temperatures than any shrink film currently available (offering even greater environmental benefits)
- Confidence in its performance – Bolphane® BYO shrink film offers excellent machinability on high speed shrink wrapping equipment
- Flexibility – Bolphane® BYO also provides outstanding results on manual shrink wrapping machines
- 100% recyclable – as with many polyolefin shrink films, Bolphane® BYO shrink film can be fully recycled
- Convenient – Bolphane® BYO is available in a variety of shrink film sizes
With increasing pressure on the packaging industry to reduce waste and become more environmentally friendly, Bollore Bolphane® BYO shrink film provides the perfect solution.
Despite most shrink films being 100% recyclable, most polyolefin shrink film still end up in landfill sites each year. Through a process of oxidation, Bolphane® BYO shrink film breaks down into components which are then ‘bio-assimilated’ by soil micro-organisms into water, carbon dioxide and biomass.
So even if BYO ends up in landfill, within 3 years it has completely disappeared.